"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Monday 8 October 2012

St Albans Food And Drink Festival Finale: Review: from a local consumer...



I lived in St Albans for the past 13 years, I love when the local community gets together outdoors and everyone shares and gets together, as well as discovering, what St. Albans and surroundings has to offer, from local shops, restaurants, organic food, wines, sweet treats, music, etc. And The Food and Drink Festival is an excellent experience to do so, I always look forward to it, specially the finale, there is something new each year, and luckily the weather on sunday was good !

Bar Meze 
 With different stalls in St.Peters Street I started my journey and discovered the first stalls of food !! the first being Bar Meze "The cuisine of Cyprus" offering many meaty dishes, and I wanted to start with something sweet so I couldnt help but to stop at the cupcake stall, "Yummy Mummys Cakes" from Harpenden, I couldnt make my mind up on which cupcake to choose !! They kindly gave me a mini one to try, and after a while I made up my mind , I chose the tiramisu cupcake, and it was delicius!!!

Yummy Mummys Cupcakes !! and my delicious tiramisu cupcake on the front :) 

 So I carry on along St. Peters Street, to find more stalls of restaurants, mini food vans, and something that cought my eye, a Japanese stall, which I havent seen before, they were selling sushi and curry, and wanted to try the sushi, it looked  really nice, I tried the teriaky Chiken sushi, which was delicious. I had to come back for more later!!

The Japanese Stall !! and the delicious Sushi 

A taste of the Caribbean , with the Caribbean food stall 

St. Michaels Manor hotel popular sweet treats 
Walking down the street, no one could resist but to stop at the St. Michaels Manor Hotel stall, as they had some eye catching mini desserts on their table, which they were decorating right there !! They look so delicious, and after a while they were giving them for free !! as a nice treat , and they were delicious!! from the typical english scones, cream and jam and the crowd really enjoyed them, I certainly did !! totally delicious !!



The Bake house ! with more sweet treats :)

Local produce, organic produce !!
There were also stalls from local pubs and restaurants, Carluccio, the Peahen, Nandos! and others, there were so much food to choose from as well as some wine tasting , and some local produce, organic vegetables and homemade treats , which I found out at Sweet Lily's Stall, they were selling homemade jams, chutneys, cakes, cupcakes... which look and tasted delicious.

Sweet Lily and their sweet treats from jams to chutneys 

People enjoying the festival :)


People enjoy the different stalls, and the live shows from the different restaurants which show some kitchen techniques, and entertained the crowd..
live shows and live radio 

The delicious sushi , which I came back for !! 

I finally had to go back to the Japanese stall and get more sushi !! And I can't wait for the next year's festival, looking forward to more events happening in St. Albans :)




No comments:

Post a Comment