"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Friday 22 February 2013

Review ( On a Personal note) : Destinations Travel and Holiday Show @ Earls Court


Destinations Travel and Holiday Show took place at Earls Court , London couple of weeks ago and the atmosphere was wicked! I had the pleasure to be able to take part with HighLives, and be able to talk about the carnivals in Bolivia , and to show the Bolivian dance costume! of course ;)

The people were really interested into finding out more about the Carnival, the country, and also about other Latin American Countries, and as I thought Brazil, seems to be the country that many people wanted to know more about.

The interest that people have in Latin America, its amazing !! I met many people that have been to Bolivia, and wanted to visit it again, I was complimented for the costume, and how I was smiling all the time ;) which is important to me, as I want to give a good impression not only as a dancer, but as person in general. I want people to remember Bolivian people as friendly, happy, and humble.

I had the chance to performed at the World Entertainment Stage, and it was an amazing experience, to see the interest of the people and the congratulations at the end, it makes everything worth it, just having an small impact into someone's life is a priceless reward.

All weekend there was the chance to try Quinoa Vodka , and I taste it , it was amazing! also a selection of quinoa desserts, which people loved, it was nice to see quinoa in a different form, people in the UK I think they related it more like couscous, and make salads, etc, so to see quinoa in Vodka form as well as desserts, had the public surprised !

Over all I think I the event was a success, not only as I enjoyed myself ;), but most importantly because I think Bolivia shined through out the four days of the event, with dance performances, live acoustic andean music, and food to taste.

It was also nice to meet many photographers, and people interested into Latin American affairs here in London. Thank you to the photographers, like Paul Smith who kindly sent me the picture he took from me, showed above.

Thank you !!

for more information about events, or any queries please email me to : lindsey.funes.obleas@gmail.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment