"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Tuesday 19 March 2013

..::Review: A Cultural Encounter with Latin America: Bolivia ... In Wales ..


In 2009.. A cultural encounter with Bolivia took place at a Latin American Festival in Wales. The first year I attended , done like an exhibition with a stand representing Bolivia, which was filmed and showed as part of the Latin American Festival, on a children's tv program.

in 2011 I went back and this time I had the opportunity to do a dance presentation as well as run some workshops for children and adults. Which were popular , I really like seeing the interest of the people wanting to learn and find out more about Bolivia.

It's then when my project is born: cultural encounter with Bolivia ..
I want to show Bolivia in a cultural way , with dance performances and answering any questions that the people may have. In a friendly, warmly and relaxed atmosphere.

In Wales I had the opportunity to show different folkloric dances of Bolivia like caporales, taquirari, tobas and morenada. ( special thanks to my friends for some extra costumes)

The festival run through out the weekend starting on a Friday. And that year an Spanish theatre company from Madrid, teatro Landen , visited and performed a Chilean play : Tejas Verdes. Had the opportunity to meet them.

I really enjoyed my stay in Wales and having the opportunity to represent Bolivia culturally in the Latin American Festival was priceless.

Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to do it again and continue to show Bolivia in a cultural way..

For more information or any question please do not hesitate and contact me :

lindsey.funes.obleas@gmail.com

A cultural encounter with Latin America ... Bolivia by Lindsey Funes Obleas


All copyrights reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment