"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Saturday 26 July 2014

RECIPE: British Berries + Latin Flavor = Raspberry Caipirinha


The English summer arrives and along comes the summer British berries.. one of my favorite: Raspberries.. And, as I luckily, have quite a few growing in the Allotment, I am left wondering what to do with them, always trying to add a little Latin flavor to it.

And nothing more refreshing for summer than a cold drink... specially if its a cocktail!... well I do truly love cocktails!  Therefore I made this Raspberry Caipirinha... using Cachaça from Brazil.

Cocktail Ingredients :

3/4 fresh lime cut into wedges
8 fresh raspberries
2 shots of Cachaça ( I used Sagatiba )
3/4 shots of sugar syrup / or 2 tablespoons of Caster sugar

Method :

Muddle lime and raspberries in the base of the glass, add the sugar, muddle well, fill the glass with crushed ice, then add the Cachaça and stir well. Garnish with a raspberry !

And enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment